As our philosophy says “…we will follow this up with an ongoing self management plan”. At Pennine Physio we believe that the work done in the weeks or months after your pain/symptoms have gone away is as important as the therapy in the early stages. But don’t worry, we’re not going to make you keep coming in for treatment. We will work out a manageable plan for you to do at home, in your office, or in the gym. The type, amount and frequency of rehabilitation is different for everyone but we will help you manage yours.
Your rehabilitative plan might include:
- Movement pattern correction. Essentially practicing moving in a different more ideal way
- Pacing/coping strategies. Especially relevant for those with long term conditions.
- Body weight or resistance exercises.
- Core stability rehab programmes.
- Swiss ball exercises. Those great big fitness balls like space hoppers!
- Advice on progression of gym or weights training.
- Liasion with you personal/gym trainers or sports coach.
- Referral into other fitness classes.
We are very proud to be a referral specialist into the Kirklees PALs program